Re: So you think your site is easy to navigate?? Try this .....

by "Ray T. Mahorney" <rmahorney(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Jun 2001 22:48:14 -0400
 To:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
<woodduck(at)mbay.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm going to respond in part to Mikes soap box mode comments.  In many cases, the position of the
state agency is something like this "We cant provide you with the software unless you are either in
school or starting school or employment is imminent."  The position doesn't take into account that
the client may be using the software/hardware to seek employment.  Do you now have at least some
idea of why unemployment among the blind hovers at around 80 percent?  The manufacturer of JAWS also
produces a less expensive product which is designed to work specifically within an internet context.
The product is Connect Out Loud and can be had for around 200 dollars US.  I don't know how well it
works as I have a fully functional version of JAWS however,  You can find a segment on connect out
loud in the main menu archives at http://www.acbradio.org  If memory serves:  the segment was done
either in January or February.  TNX for letting me spout!
Ray T. Mahorney
WA4WGA