Re: HWG online classes

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:44:03 -0500
 To:  "Larry Floyd" <LWFloyd(at)mactec.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
(Disclaimer: I am on the HWG Education committee!)

Like most things Larry, some are outstanding, most are good, and some
are occasionally bad.

FWIW, we have been recently asking for student assessments, and we do
listen to feed back.  80% of students give us a v.good to excellent
rating 8+/10, 15% good (6+/10), and 5% give us an average or failing
grade. We think these figures are pretty good, although of course we
would like to do better, and we are always looking for ways to upgrade
our courses.

HWG classes are done on WebX based web site, and we expect a lot of
interaction between student and tutor.

Frank