Re: hwg-techniques-digest V1 #1112

by "Lady Wistfulee" <ladywist(at)bellsouth.net>

 Date:  Sun, 28 Jan 2001 08:37:53 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Kym Jones" <kjones(at)adam.com.au>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

I had a problem with changes not appearing too.  This was mostly on my asp
pages that used SSI.  It seems (according to our in-house sysop) that it was
the server's cache that wasn't allowing the refresh, & that the metatag's
refresh only caused the client-side browser's cache to refresh, not the
server's.  Every time I made a change to the include, we had to call & ask
them to dump the cache.  I don't know what they have done recently, but that
'unrefreshing' behavior has stopped.  On our network servers (we use outside
hosting for the previously mentioned site) I sometimes have to wait a minute
or two & hit refresh a few times for changes to appear.  The 'coding of
choice' where I work is asp (it is do that or lose job), so I have to rely
on the server to do its thing before I can do mine.

my 2 �,
Lady Wist