Re: ASPMail Help Request

by "Andre Crane" <andre(at)terracrane.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:08:55 -0500
 To:  "Blue's ArtHouse Graphics & Web Design" <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
do you actually have a form field that is named "form"?  such as <.input
type="text" name="form" size="32">?

If not, then it's looking for a specific form field named "form".

if you have a form similar to this:
<.input type="text" name="firstname">
<.input type="text" name="lastname">
<.input type="text" name="emailaddy">
<textarea name="messagebody" cols="24" wrap="PHYSICAL" rows="5"></textarea>

Then  Mailer.BodyText   = Request.Form("Form") should instead be something
like:

(this is written as if all on one line)
Mailer.BodyText   = "Name: " & request.form("firstname") & "&nbsp;" &
request.form("lastname")" & chr(13) & "Email: " & request.form("emailaddy")
& chr(13) & chr(13) & "Message text: " & request.form("messagebody")

this would output something like the following in the body of the email sent
to you:
Name: John Doe
Email: jdoe(at)yahoo.com

Message text:  Hello, I am writing for some more product information. Please
respond fast!

Now, if what you are trying to do is just lump every form field into the
email, then what you did is close, just drop the "("Form")" so that it
reads:
Mailer.BodyText   = Request.Form

This will send everything in the form to you in what I believe is a comma
delimited list.

Andre