Re: Non-WYSIWYG

by gchurchman(at)medseek.com (Gary Churchman)

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:13:29 -0800
 To:  "Murray Scotton" <yankees(at)istar.ca>,
"Wiers" <wiers(at)willard-oh.com>
 Cc:  "HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I also use Arachnophilia for a WYSIWYG editor, but I don't think that is the
problem.  Windows 3.1 had what was called a "swap" file.  Basically it was a
Windows "set-aside" of hard disk space to be used by programs in lieu of RAM
as virtual memory.  An operating speed enhancement.  It's not called a
"swap" file any more, but it still exists as a virtual memory set-aside.  I
run an NT box, so I'm sure the exact sequence is different for Win98 and
Win95, but try the following and see if it helps.

Start / Settings / Control Panel // System  Click on the Performance tab.
At the middle of the gray card it should say something like "Virtual
Memory -- Total file paging size for all disk volumes" followed by a
"Change" button.  On the next screen you can change the values in the
"Initial Size" and "Maximum Size" windows up to the amount of drive space
shown next to "Space Avilable" for each of your drives.  Windows will use
this "virtual memory" and hopefully stop those annoying "Out Of Memory"
error messages.

Gary Churchman
Director, Production and Design
MedSeek