Re: Style Sheets (was RE: Table Width/Heights)

by "Andrew Armstrong" <andrew(at)wisca.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:58:46 -0000
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On the other hand, I think this might be part of the answer to providing
improved accessibility. I have previously been informed that at least some
screen readers simply read across from table cell to table cell, so that
something with three columns and quite understandable visually is hard or
impossible to follow for the blind.

The question is: do such types of screenreader read the text in the order it
is in the source, or do they still try to read across the screen when
positioning is done only with CSS?  If you view the page in NN4, what is
rendered would be OK for any screen reader.

Andrew Armstrong