Re: html emergency--pages appear blank

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Thu, 18 May 2000 16:53:22 +0100
 To:  "Lady Wistfulee" <wistfulee(at)millenicom.com>,
"HWG Techniques Discussion" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Something exceedingly strange has happened to my site.  Out of 25 pages, 6
> show up blank.  If you right-click anywhere on the page & select "View
> Source" the HTML text comes up exactly as I left it (& I was just adding
> some links earlier...nothing drastic).
> When I went into the site via my FTP client & looked at the
pages...somehow
> a whole lot of white space was added...but even removing all the white
space
> or taking a previously backed up copy & pasting its contents in did not
> solve the problem.
> the URLs in question are:
> http://everythingemail.tripod.com/findstationery.html

I looked at this one, and the second (huge) javascript you have starts with
an opening comment <!-- but doesn't have the closing one at the end. The
browser therefore sees all your code as one large comment. Adding this makes
it work. I haven't checked the others but I would imagine they have the same
problem.

HTH

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net