Re: Rant !

by "Andre Crane" <andre(at)terracrane.com>

 Date:  Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:14:46 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Luckily, most of the contracts that I get are for intranet applications/db
work. So far all of them have required their users to view the sites in Ie
5.x +  which really makes my job very very nice('cept when the latest IE
security hole pops up...). When I build a site for the web, I only attempt
to support 4.x and higher Netscape and Ie and the last two versions of AOL.

Based on the site and their prospective customer base, if necessary, I'll
build a totally different version for WebTv.  We had a site with 5 million
members, and of those 5 million members, 75% of the entire WebTv user base
was represented.  The WebTv members were the most active user group on the
site.  They revisited more often, viewed more pages, spent more time and
purchased more products than _any_ other user group that we had. It was
amazing to us how loyal they were.

Andre