Re: Start with HTML or XHTML? (slightly OT)

by "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)web-design-cs.com>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:09:54 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I would recommend they dive straight into xhtml as this is what will be
needed to make the eventual transition to xml. It's not a whole lot
different than html. It's just stricter. For example, all tags etc. must be
in lower case, all attributes must be enclosed in double quotes, all tags
must have a closing tag etc... and it's backward compatible for most
browsers except the REALLY old ones I would guess.

HTH,
Lisa

Lisa Bradshaw ,  Web Designer

Crescendo Web Design - http://www.web-design-cs.com