Re: protecting images

by "Bob Laurence" <webguy(at)re-data.com>

 Date:  Thu, 17 Oct 2002 04:53:43 -0700
 To:  "Ryan Ositis" <ryan(at)yetiarts.com>,
"marg cameron" <knmc2cm(at)yahoo.ca>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Marg,

actually you can use digimarc to track them online if they are
downloaded. It imbeds a watermark in the image to track them.
www.digimarc.com

Or you can use eyemageIIE from www.proporta.com to embed a water
marc or send an encrypted message within the image and password
protect it.

You can't stop the downloading of the images but you can track
those that use them again online.

sincerely,
Bob Laurence
Re-Data.com LLC
"We may not know it all, but we know the web"