Re: Another Dumb Tags Issue

by "Pam Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Sat, 16 Jun 2001 06:46:17 -0400
 To:  "Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kathy,

> > > Can anyone shed some light on what this image toolbar is also?  It
looks
> > > like a fast way to save images, not necessarily too great.

> OK ... What can we do to make life difficult for this little tool for the
> copyright infringer? ( ??? a little vbx snippet attached to your page to
turn it
> off in the browser ...???  ... just musing ... )

A different tack might be to produce compelling images with a brand
incorporated that viewers will grab for their desktop, thus advertising to
themselves for you. Much of the image grabbing that takes place by users is
not copyright infringement - it's akin to clipping a magazine picture and
taping it to the wall.