Re: Search engine listing failure

by "N.Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:28:22 -0500
 To:  "Dale" <dale(at)hiwaay.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well if you are respectful to how often you submit and how many urls you
submit for that site, I can't see why you would not be indexed.  One thing
to take into account, things are not as they were 1 or 2 yrs ago.  You can
submit and some engines take up to 90 days before they list you.  I have had
them take as long as 6 months.  So nothing is immediate as they once were.
It is frustrating I know.  Your best bet now is to start getting some link
exchanges, and build a nice page of resource links, and by the time you are
done with that, you will see  you are showing up in the engines.

So if you have only submitted over the past month, sit back and be patient.
If you read most of them say 4 to 6 weeks to index.  Only a few are
immediate.

Nancy