Yet Another Dumb Tags Issue

by "Valerie L. Criswell" <valerie(at)suresource.net>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:21:19 -0400
 To:  "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>
 Cc:  "Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Tim,

I don't understand how it is that you define Smart Tags as a browser
feature.

As a site owner, I deserve the right to be able completely define my
content.  If I pay for the domain name, the hosting, the content research,
and site development, then the site is mine and I have the right to allow or
disallow any legal content on my site that I choose.  Thus, I should not be
forced to "opt-out" of having external links on my site.  Is MS going to
reimburse me for the realestate that belongs to me that they are using?
Umm, what do you think?  I'm not disillusioned, as you stated in another
post, I DO have total control of my content.

On the obverse, the user deserves the right to be able to leave my site to
search for other relevant information.  Just because they find Smart Tags
helpful doesn't mean that I have an obligation to provide them or that I am
taking away any of their browsing rights by not providing them.

Okay, now that I'm cranked up and almost done with my coffee, this outta be
a great Friday.  Everybody enjoy!

Thanks,

~Val