Re: Mouseover Caching in IE

by "Bruce Ferguson" <brucenkhamen(at)usa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:29:16 +1300
 To:  "Christie Cooksey" <christie(at)thearmidalemall.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Check the settings for MSIE.  Do you have it set to "Check for a new page
> EVERY time"?
> That one ALWAYS gets me.  I set it for every time so I can check my
changes
> while I'm working on a website but it makes the rollovers load EVERY time
> you roll over them.

You've cracked it thanks, I set it like this deliberately while testing
thinking it would prevent the browser from using previously cached versions,
I didn't realise it would be that thorough though.  In future I'll just rely
on pressing the Delete files button.

Bruce Ferguson
Email: brucenkhamen(at)usa.net
Web Site:  http://yourname.co.nz/wwebz/