Re: site design II - databasing it...on a Mac?

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Sep 2000 13:55:31 -0400
 To:  "Dane Robison" <dane(at)strategic-design.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
mySQL, PHP, ColdFusion, ASP

All these technologies reside on a server rather than on the client,
although, for example in the case of ASP you can use Personal Web Server to
test your applications on a PC before loading them up to the server.

All you really need to use any of these technologies is a text editor,
although it is nice to have specialized tools.

If you want to use ASP my advice would be to get a cheap PC, install PWS (in
comes preinstalled in Windows 98, and use this just to test your code before
shipping it up to your server.

I'm sure that users of the other technologies can give you approriate advice
about the others.

Frank