Re: FrontPage to Dreamweaver specific function how to

by "Andy Innes" <innax(at)icon.co.za>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:27:41 +0200
 To:  "DiVita,
Judith L. [JLD]" <JLD(at)ElkayMfg.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dreamweaver does not do Front Page Extensions.

For the search functionality you could try using asp if you're on IIS or
javascript. The forms are a far simpler story. Just check if your hosting
service are running formmail.pl and then get them to add your domain to
their referrers array.

>From there, you just set your form method to post. It should look something
like this:

<form method="post" action="http://www.yourhost.com/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl">
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value=yourclient(at)theirdomain.com>
<input type="hidden" name="redirect"
value="http://www.yourdomain.com/thankyou.htm">

Don't fear the changeover to Dreamweaver - you have COMPLETE control over
any code in your pages from html/javascript through to asp/coldfusion. It
labels the code for you where it can identify it and then leaves it alone. I
used to do a lot of coding by hand and it takes me about half the time with
Dreamweaver and the code is just about flawless.

HTH

Andy