Re: Excel / my SQL

by Frank Boumphrey <frank(at)nforce.com>

 Date:  Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:10:44 -0500
 To:  Mike Taylor <lonewolf(at)one.net>,
Tamara Nelson <tamara(at)sanctusmoo.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
 > We have a client who wants to pull his MS Excel file into his website.
 > Currently he is on a IIS server - but he wants to switch to an Unix server
 > so that we can pull it in through PHP.

Actually there is no need to switch to Unix (At least no reason to switch on
this account...). Both PHP and mySQL run perfectly well on IIS.

However to convert an excel file to a database will require a little bit of
work! I know that if you use ASP there are special objects available that
will directly read your Excel file, and this may be the way to go if you
need to do this on the fly.

To create a static page from an Excel spreadsheet see

'Creating Web Pages to Display Excel Data'
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odeopg/html
/deconcreatingwebpagestodisplayexceldata.asp

Also there is a ton of stuff if you search under 'Excel' on
http://msdn.microsoft.com

HTH

Frank