Re: I wonder why I'm getting a rundll32 warning.

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:51:32 -0800
 To:  <ltitus(at)mindspring.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Linda,

This is probably redundant with everyone else already noting possible
problems, but I believe the source of your problem is here, near the bottom
of your page's code:

<P><Script Language="JavaScript"><!--
if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") {
document.write( "<embed src='doori.mid' autostart='true' repeat='1'>");
} else {
document.write( "<bgsound src='doori.mid' loop='1'>");
} // --></Script>

You are doing what appears to be a perfectly valid audio embedding, but it
is likely (as Scott Bowling mentions) that your server may not have the
appropriate settings for MIDI audio set up. Everything else in the page's
code is benign; the midi playback is the only thing that I can see that
would trigger Netscape (or any browser, for that matter) to try to activate
a program or plug-in on the client machine.

Try temporarily removing the above code fragment from your page and see if
you still get the warning message. If not, you'll need to either contact
your server's technical support department or manually edit your server's
configuration yourself.

Good luck!
Kehvan Zydhek