RE: images on the internet

by "Ann Ezzell" <amcbainezzell(at)alum.mit.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:18:35 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Clever Content can also be used to protect text and PDF files. However, not
only does it require a plug-in, which will certainly deter some people,
think about the impact on (a) accessibility and (b) search engines.

If text and PDF files are being served up as images, they become
inaccessible to people with screen readers and to search engine spiders.