Re: Relational Databases

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:50:00 -0400
 To:  "Paul Kmecak" <paul.kmecak(at)bms.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
<paul>
Fourth, can I simulate the server experience on my own machine with Personal
Web
Server?  What can I expect PWS to do and not do?

Finally, please recommend useful texts for the woefully beginning ("SAMS
Teach
Yourself Server Side Processing In 24 Hours"?).  Remember, I am not as
experienced or knowledgeable as you are now, but plan to be.  Thanks.
</paul>

I will tackle these two!

PWS can be run on win9* or NT

It can completly mimic a server (In fact it is a server running on your
platform!)

It is great for development work and prototyping.

I develop every thing on PWS and Access and port it to an NT server and SQL
server when I have it all debugged.

Books

Beginning ASP 2.0, Wrox Press, Francis et al
Beginning Databases and ASP, Wrox Press, Kaufmann

Will give you everything you need to know.

Frank