Re: apache

by "howardm" <howardm(at)achilles.net>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:17:17 -0400
 To:  "Michael" <miklbike(at)neo.rr.com>,
"Hwg Techniques (E-mail)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Make sure you set the Server Root to reflect where you have installed the
program.
The server name should be set to 127.0.0.1/ - and this has to be the first
part of the URL when you want to check the files.
You'll also need to set the Document Root to the directory where you keep
your html files.
Instead of changing all my file names to .shtml I just changed the addtype
and the addhandler to include .htm and .html files - although you'll need to
check this with your ISP so that they'll still work after you upload them.
Try this and see what happens - if you like I can mail you my config file,
you'll need to change directories, but it should work.
While you're trying to figure all this out, just reflect on how much it cost
you - that will make you feel better.

Howard
howardm(at)achilles.net
www.achilles.net/~howardm/tsmonk.html