Re: the murky Sql waters.....

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:19:25 -0400
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well Karen,
Join me because I am attempting the same thing, only
mine is for my own site.
http://www.mysql.com   and start reading the manuals.
These are my MySQL links I have collected so far that I felt were
relevant:
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/Intro/page2.html

http://mysql.com/documentation/manual.php?section=Loading_tables&action=prev
ious

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/DB_Basics/
http://www.mysqldeveloper.com/

I also found out from several that the best form method might be PHP
so I am also trying to learn that.
Useful Links (all that I have right now)
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/boutwell19991212.php3
http://www.php.net/quickref.php3
http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/index.html
http://www.php.net/manual/
http://www.php.net/manual/phpfi2.html#mysql_support
http://www.php.net/manual/html/ref.mysql.html
http://www.phpweblog.org/

I also purchased the book: MySQL by Paul DuBois
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735709211/o/qid=963688328/sr=8-1/ref
=aps_sr_b_1_3/102-0782121-0419302

And I am fixing to purchase "Professional PHP Programming"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861002963/o/qid=963688383/sr=2-1/102
-0782121-0419302

Good Luck.  You have TONS of reading to do.  Brace yourself
it is a whole new world.  But a fun one.:-)

Sincerely,

Nancy

but where do I begin? Any good