Re: Even after all these years...

by "Christine Weiss" <bewise(at)hypertech.net>

 Date:  Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:08:21 -0500
 To:  "Evelyn Hunter" <boots(at)aloha.net>,
"Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well Evelyn, there may be more sophisticated ways to handle this, but from
the simplest formatting perspective, re:

#1 -- In your left column, insert a "line break" into each text link so it
appears as  two or three shorter lines (stacked tightly together) and then
format each of these blocks of text as centered paragraphs with a space of
(maybe) 5 increments before and after the paragraph, and above and below the
paragraphs.

#2 -- Check all "empty" cells to make certain each contains a non-breaking
space (&nbsp) -- ie: If you're using FrontPage you would simply position the
cursor in the empty cell and touch the space bar once.

#3 -- Get out of the habit of using carriage returns (blank lines) to
position graphics and text. Get more familiar with using cell, table, and
paragraph properties to lay-out the ideas that are in your head.

Also, though I know that most of the folks on this forum have an aversion to
MS Frontpage -- and I am most certainly far from being an expert with it --
I have created many functional and attractive pages with this utility and
have found that many of the problems others seem to have with it are related
to relying too heavily on the WYSISYG appearance without thinking at all
about the coding that is being processed to make this happen.

Hope this is useful.

:-)

Christine