Re: Strange Netscape Problem

by "Karin Christensen" <karinc(at)linkline.com>

 Date:  Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:54:41 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> I don't hate or love Netscape, its just a browser.  I code to make
my pages
> accessible to all browsers.  I do hate the way that Microsoft forces
their
> vision of the Internet down everyone's throats - in spite of well
> established standards.

I couldn't agree with you less, last I heard it was still a free
country.  But, on the topic, I hand code and test first in IE then
when I'm finished I use Netscape 4 more or less as a validator.  If
I've made a mistake it will show up in Netscape.  Then I spend another
few hours trying to make it look as good in NS as it does in IE
especially since I rely on tables to design.  I do shout out "I hate
Netscape" a half dozen times during this process.

Karin Christensen
Scientific, Medical and Veterinary Illustration
www.linkline.com/personal/karinc/