Re: I need to implement a search on a site I'm developing - any tips?

by "Valerie L. Criswell" <valerie(at)suresource.net>

 Date:  Thu, 3 May 2001 08:17:02 -0400
 To:  "Mike Furmedge" <mike(at)clockworx.co.uk>
 Cc:  "hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm currently using ColdFusion to run all of my site functionality.  It's
SPECTACULAR and easy to do a search with.  Of course, you have to have the
server.

If you're not prepared to make the investment, I've also long used a cgi
script that is easy to configure and install, and is very fast because it
uses an index to search from.  You can download Xavatoria from
http://bignosebird.com/carchive/search2.shtml for free!

Hope that helps!

~Val

ASP