RE: Resend: dealing with designers

by "Juliana Halvorson" <juliana(at)graphmaster.com>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:36:56 -0600
 To:  <amcbainezzell(at)alum.mit.edu>,
"'HWG Techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ann,
I do both print and web design.  I do know that some designers are very
touchy when it comes to their work.  Your designer needs to realize that
these are two different worlds.  They can't have the quality in a web
photo that they would in print (well I guess they could if the user
wants to wait about 1 hour for a photo).

You can make the web match the print material, but the resolution will
not be the same.  I can't show you my print material, but we have two
websites from our print material: http://www.roswellincident.us (still
under construction) and http://www.experienceroswell.com .  They really
don't even rival the print material, but the latter site contains all of
the same information.  I wasn't worried so much about design for that
one as just getting the content out.

Good luck!
Juliana