Re: Getting Frames (or Tables) to Join Seamlessly

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:46:29 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Ben Ocean" <beno(at)cnw.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ben

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Ocean" <beno(at)cnw.com>

> I'm trying to get two frames ("navbar" & "top") to abut
seamlessly, but I'm
> having no luck. Here's my code:
>
> <frameset cols="67,450" border=0 >
> <frame name="navbar" src="navbar.html" marginheight=0
marginwidth=0
> scrolling=no noresize frameborder="0">
> <frameset rows="77,*" >
[snip]
> You can also view it at:
> http://TheWebsons.com/new/EELumber/

If you change that first FRAMESET statement so it reads
COLS="67,*" you'll find that the gap disappears - it's caused by
IE stretching the frames to fit a screen size larger than the 517
pixels you specified - it stretches both frames to fit.

> I've tried inserting *framespacing=0* in the <frameset> tags,
but that
> makes the page unviewable! See
> http://TheWebsons.com/new/EELumber/indexxx.html

It wasn't the addition of FRAMESPACING that caused the problem -
it was the addition of a BODY tag to a FRAMESET document!  :-)

By the way - I *do* hope you're going to put something a little
more helpful in the NOFRAMES section before the page goes live.
:-)  It'll help you get indexed in search engines as well as
helping users who can't use a frames enabled browser - search
engines can't follow links to framed documents.

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk