Re: Frames: IE vs. NN

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:49:11 -0800
 To:  <wolfz3(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Gus,

One of the things I've learned with working with framesets and Netscape is
that even though Netscape designed the frame tag to start, to this day, it
cannot build frames to pixel-specific sizes, instead estimating everything
based on a percentage of the window width. See
http://www.builder.com/Authoring/Tagmania/120699/index.html for additional
information on this. Me, I'm trying to figure out how to build a site using
the frameset design, but without frames -- instead DIVs and such from CSS.
So far, the tests are promising. It doesn't work in Opera 3.62 for Windows,
and has problems in others, but looks and works almost perfectly in IE,
Mozilla (M14), Netscape, Opera 4, and WebTV -- except that WebTV, Opera, and
Netscape don't "lock" a certain region into it's defined space like a frame
would.

Good luck!
Kehvan M. Zydhek