Re: accessibility question

by "Ray T. Mahorney" <coffee_head(at)coastalnet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 25 May 2001 23:36:17 -0400
 To:  "Nancy Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
From: "Nancy Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>
To: <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 6:31 PM
Subject: accessibility question

One of my clients sent me an email that one of their customers sent them.
here were the comments:

QUOTE:
Below, I rated your Web site very informative, which it is.  However, I
would recommend that you add some textual link or alt text so that blind
consumers using screen reader technology would be better able to access your
site.  also, I would recommend that you add alt tags to any graphical
information or links on the next page that comes up.
UNQUOTE

I have alt tags on all my images..  what do they mean by "some textual
link"!  I am confused by this and what they are wanting?  Could someone
enlighten me?

Thank you  in advance.

Nancy