Re: "relay denied"

by "Maggie Carr" <m.a.carr(at)decaelo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:44:57 -0400
 To:  "hwg-techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
In case it would be of interest to anyone, Outlook Express is a great little
prog if you want to send & receive for accounts on various servers, dead
easy to set the preferences for each individually. Kind of annoying waiting
for it to log off one then onto another when you are collecting, but it gets
the mail through.
Don't know how I'd collect the webmaster mail for my clients whose sites are
hosted on various servers otherwise.

HTH

Maggie

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:12:20 -0400
From: "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>
Subject: Re: "relay denied"

I had that happen when I would log on to my ISP
and retrieve my Sisters mail for her while out of town.
I would try to reply and it would tell me sorry we don't relay.

So I would have to log off my ISP and log into hers to send out mail.
Make sure they are logging into the same ISP that they are trying
to send mail from.  Sounds pretty simple..  but if they are logging
into a new isp and have not set the SEND mail setting to the new isp
that could be it.  Or if they are logging into the old ISP and trying
to send through the new one won't work either.

Hope it is that simple.

Nancy