Re: side menu

by "Pam Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 May 2001 17:40:09 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> The client respnded:
 >... wearisome moving of the hand across the mouse mat!
>
> Are there any other good reasons for the left hand menu (as opposed to it
> being on the right)?

On most sites, one clicks a link and reads/scrolls  for a while. I dont get
the "wearisome" moving back and forth concept. 'click, scroll, click,
scroll' -- what sort of site is that? It cant be nearly as bad as a site in
which one has to scroll laterally simply to read some text (due to it being
too wide for the screen).

My problem with a right hand link is this: while reading a longish page, as
I scroll down, the mouse  may slide leftward a fraction of a millimeter and
accidentally click a link. Then I have to go back and find my place.