Re: Updateable text in HTML page

by "Pamela Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:27:18 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Lonna,

> I have two clients that desire to have updateable pages on their web
> sites.  They want to be able to open a text box and write their text
> inside, with paragraph formatting, then click on a button to have it
> converted to the HTML page in proper format, replacing previous text.

For the fishing guide you could insert a weblog into your template. [see for
instance http://www.blogger.com/ ] The 'blog is perfect for someone
knowlegeable like you to set up and hand off to someone who's not. You can
use/adapt blogger templates or write your own.

Your second one, I'm not sure about. It wasn't really clear to me what you
need, but it might be necessary to just hire someone to write a script for
you, for example in perl. I know it can be done, but dont myself know how.

Regards,
Pam Shorey