Re: MS Access to SQL

by "Nathaniel Bank" <Nathan.Bank(at)cello.net>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:12:01 -0700
 To:  <eric(at)connexworks.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Since mySQL is supported on just about any UNIX platform and creating a database is as
easy as >mysqladmin -u root create databasename and then importing a delimited text file
into the newly created database, I'd suggest mySQL. It's also pretty easy to compile with
the Linux Apache setup, and it's really fast and nicely designed. I do not, however, know
how easy it is to get Access to spit out the data in a format that would go straight into
mySQL, though the queries shouldn't be hard. PHP also works really seamlessly with mySQL,
so if you're interested in getting off ASP... :-)

Good luck!

Nathan