Re: A Good PHP Script

by "Ryan Fischer" <ryan(at)gigabee.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:55:36 -0500
 To:  "Brandon Coughlin" <bcoughlin(at)urx.com>,
"Hwg-Techniques(at)Hwg.Org" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You wrote:
> I am looking for a stable, easy to use PHP script to search an SQL
> database - a rather large one at that.  Any suggestions?  Of course,
free or
> cheap is preferred - any suggestions appreciated.

The size of the database doesn't matter, really.

The question is, "what are you searching *for*?"

Very rarely will you find a script that does exactly what you want, and
knowing that you get what you pay for, your best bet is to find someone
who will write something tailored to your needs.

I honestly doubt you'll find any script that "searches" a database with
the vague specifications you have thus far.  Of course, it's entirely
possible that someone may have written a type of wrapper to do just
that, but it's more likely that whenever a search mechanism of any type
is needed, it'll be crafted specificall to the way the database has been
built.

With that said, your best bet is to simply as a PHP programmer who knows
what he's doing to whip something up for you.  It shouldn't take too
long, granted what you want isn't too extravagant.

I'm a freelance programmer myself, so if you'd like me to help you out,
contact me off list.  :)

--
 -Ryan