Connection refused - NN - why?

by "Mike Kear" <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>

 Date:  Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:56:46 +1000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Does anyone know why sometimes Netscape tells me "connection refused =
when
trying to connect to .... " when I'm logged in to a site and =
authenticated?

It seems that something happens in my connection somewhere, and then for
every page in this site or any other I want to look at with Netscape, I =
get
this error.  The only remedy seems to be to reboot my machine and try =
again.

This doesn't ever happen in IE, and it's nothing to do with the actual
authentication because  while Netscape is doing this I have been able to =
get
IE to log me in and show the pages concerned.

(It's not because I'm logged in twice - I've only tried to access the =
pages
with IE a couple of times and Netscape has often done this to me).

Am I doing something wrong with Netscape here?

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks.