Re: I want to get away from frames

by "Eric Anderson" <eric(at)blainesoft.com>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:18:27 -0500
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
> > edit each and every page when changing or editing a link?  Do I need to
use
> > CSS or is this something I would use XML for?  Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.

Another way to do it, if you're on NT, is to use an include file or generate
the menu dynamically using ASP.

The navigation bars/links at both http://www.43055.net and
http://www.futurethru.com are generated this way.

At 43055.net, there are actually two sets of bars an upper and lower set,
both are generated from a database based on the page type. In other words,
it's possible to have different sets of nav bars based on the page type.

Eric Anderson