Re: Mass emails

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:51:51 -0400
 To:  "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The bottle neck to sending e-mails is not usually the soft ware you use, it
is the connections and server. Sending e-mail is very resource intensive. I
know that it takes about 2 days for us to send out the HWG news
letter(125,000 +)! Of course other things are also going on at the same
time, and the server is not 'dedicated'. You may want to run an audit to see
where your bottle neck is before investing in new soft ware!

Frank