Re: Calling two frame pages with one click?

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2000 19:12:32 -0000
 To:  "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
From: Roger Stenning <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

> The click leads to a new frameset (call it index2.html), which is
targeted
> to load at target="_top", thus supplanting the original frameset
> (index.html). index2.html would have all the normal properties of a
> frameset, calling the required pages into the respective windows of the
> frameset, thus achieving my objective of a multi-load with one click.
>
> Have I got you correctly?

Yep, that's what I was thinking.  Whether that's a workable solution for
you kind of depends on how the page is designed, and if all of the links
are required to do this, then you might want to consider not using frames
at all, but rather using a single page design.  I assumed, though, that it
was only some links that you needed to be able to load new documents in
each of the two frames, and this would do the trick, without needing
Javascript.

Regards,
Donna
--