Re: onSubmit

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:37:04 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Rob,

I tried your test in the following Windows98 browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 (5.00.2919.6307)
Netscape Navigator 4.72
Netscape Navigator 6.0 beta build 6.0.15-nb1b.2000033112 Win32
Mozilla (Gecko) Seamonkey beta, Milestone 14, build 2000022820 Win32
America Online 5 for Windows 95/98, Revision 157.100 32-bit
Opera 3.62, build 3.62.0.326 Win32
Opera 4.00 beta 1, build 4.0.0.676 Win32
WebTV Simulator Viewer 2.0 build 551

Except for WebTV (which couldn't handle the JavaScript coding), they all
acted IDENTICALLY!

The results were: RETURN=0, RETURN=1, RETURN=TRUE all gave popups or
submitted the form; RETURN=FALSE did not.

Does this match your tests? Personally, I've gotten lost on the whole thread
regarding BOOLEAN vs INTEGER values in JS submit buttons, but it seems to me
that MSIE 5.01, at least the version I'm using, is acting in accordance with
all the other browsers out there.

Kehvan