Re: I'm Still Using Text Editor

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Tue, 2 May 2000 18:08:13 -0400
 To:  <hgquinn(at)attglobal.net>,
<wmacleod(at)innotrac.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think it really depends on what kind of work you are doing.

I have 3 or 4 LARGE projects that i look after. All the content is taken
into template pages from Data stores using scripts.

For me it is best to use a GOOD text editor. I use editpad (it's free from
www.jgsoft.com) which has very sophisticated search and replace functions.

However if i was going to produce several different 'one-off' pages then i
would probably use a WYSIWYG editor.

OTH one of my colleages uses Homesite, and swears by it, but he tweaks all
his code in a text editor!

for what it is worth , if you go to 'drill-down' sessions at various
meetings, i think you will find most of the gurus use some kind of text
editor for their coding!

Frank