Re: Ordered Lists

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Sep 2000 02:09:50 -0400
 To:  "Cindy Stanley,
SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Exactly, but my point being "you will validate by opting *not* to use
> the end li tag" in the transitional 4.0 doctype.

But you should still validate whether you put them in or leave them out. If
you don't then the validator is wrong. I havn't checked this with the W3C
4.0 validator but if including closing li tags produces an error then a bug
report is in order. (I use XHTML 1.0 so dont use the HTML 4.0 validator on a
regular basis. Of course leaving out the closing tag will produce an error
in XHTML!)

Frank