Re: Javascript between parent and child windows

by "Steve Mount" <steve(at)saltyrain.com>

 Date:  Wed, 6 Dec 2000 02:20:59 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Nathan Lyle" <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You can refer to the parent of a child window as "opener".  So, if the
parent has a JS function called "validate()", you can call it from the child
as:

opener.validate();

Steve Mount, Software Engineer            steve(at)saltyrain.com
Home Site                            http://www.saltyrain.com
UVM Class of 1989                http://www.saltyrain.com/uvm
US Constitution Online          http://www.usconstitution.net
Manager, HWG Logo Team                     http://www.hwg.org