Re: common font errors even on pro-designed sites

by "howardm" <howardm(at)achilles.net>

 Date:  Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:03:57 -0400
 To:  "D Benfer" <dmb(at)mokee.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just a personal opinion of course, but I would find this annoying.
I often change the font size setting when I'm browsing because some web
designers have better eyesight than me and set font sizes too small, and
because they have no idea at what resolution I surf at I also see websites
where the font size is bigger than necessary.
I believe that font sizes should be in the control of the visitor, not the
designer. Or at least let the visitors change it if they want to. On my
sites I often put font size=+1 or -1 if I want different sizes on a page,
but I'll leave the basic size up to the visitors own browser setting.
.02 cents

Howard