Re: Java Problems...Still

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 9 Feb 2000 01:31:50 -0000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Wendell Webb" <ww(at)cyberdude.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Wendell

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this as a possibility, but are you
ensuring that you type "whatever.class" using identical uppercase /
lowercase to the actual .class file name?  Eg if the file is called
"Navigator.class" but you use code="navigator.class", it won't work.
Similarly, if the file was originally "Navigator.class" but you change that
when you upload it to your server (eg changing it to "navigator.class"),
that may stop it from working too.  I discovered this when I tried to use a
small applet on our intranet website - the in-house FTP program we use to
load files onto the server automatically changes every filename to all
lower case, and I found that that messed up applets which had filenames
that originally contained uppercase letters.

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk