Re: IE Cookie Help

by "Paul Roberts" <hwg(at)roberts200025.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:43:33 -0000
 To:  <hwg(at)miscsites.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
see http://www.w3.org/P3P/ and http://www.p3ptoolbox.org/

Best Wishes & Happy New Year

Paul Roberts
mail(at)paul-roberts.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++
----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Doug Dossett" <hwg(at)miscsites.com>
To: <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 8:16 PM
Subject: IE Cookie Help

Hello all:

I've run into a problem I'm not understanding.  I have a shopping cart
page that tracks the individual shopping cart by a unique cookie id.
Recently I discovered that under some privacy security levels in IE this
seems to break.  I initially create the cookie, then immediately test to
see if it's there and it is.  I then redirect to the same page, just
with different url parameters and test for the cookie again and now it's
gone.  At medium or low security setting this doesn't happen, but at
high it does.  Anyone know why it drops the cookie upon redirection?
Any way around this besides using a form or url parameter to pass the
cart id? =20

Thanks in advance for any guidance.=20

Regards,

Doug Dossett