Re: Search Engines & Meta Tags

by "Hilma" <Hilma(at)hilma.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 2 Jun 2002 07:01:50 +0100
 To:  "Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> With no content at all on these pages, how did they get top listing in
> Google?  It is scary to think that using Front Page might have
> something to do with it?

At a guess - having also just been reading up on it :-)
Google uses the title, not meta-tags, so there is lots on "Bible College".

And as there is no other "content" to "dilute the word density", those 2
words have very high density, almost 100%,  so get a top rating.....
either that, or Him-up-there had something to do with it ;-)

(no offence intended to anyone of any religion)

hilma
--x----