Re: css background

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:49:29 +0100
 To:  "Karen Stafford" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
From: "Karen Stafford" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>

> Neither of these worked, although I looked at it in IE 4.0 and Netscape
> 4.6. Is there supposed to be a css folder that has something, in the
> root directory? I've heard of that before. I've never used css, and need
> to get with the times:-)
> It's at http://www.noteworthydesigns.com/aem
> I'm sure there's just one little step that's missing.

I had a look at the site and you actually have:

body {
background-image: background.gif);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

in the source code which is a mixture of the two :-). The second line should
read:

background-image: url(background.gif)

You don't need to have a css folder or an external stylesheet, the way you
are doing it should work providing the syntax is right. To check which
browsers support these attributes have a look at
http://webreview.com/wr/pub/guides/style/mastergrid.html.

If it still doesn't work e-mail me offlist and I'll have another look.

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net