Re: Customising the window size

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:10:31 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Fox Rodgers" <b0rd0p(at)juno.com>
From: "Fox Rodgers" <b0rd0p(at)juno.com>

> I've been trying to code a link that opens a new window of 351w and 413h.
>  I need it to contain JUST the scrollbar and menubar, nothing else.
> However, when I write it as follows (utilising Javascript):
>
> <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="javascript">
>  <!--
>

> function goWin(url)
> {
> newWin = window.open(url,'newWin', 'scrollbars','menubar',
> 'width=351,height=413');
> }
>

>  // -->
> </SCRIPT>

Change it to:

newWin -
window.open(url,'newWin','scrollbars=yes,status=no,menubar=yes,toolbar=no,re
sizable=no,location=no,width=351,height=413');

You have to specify yes or no for these things, and watch the quotes. The
attributes are all in one set of quotes. There are other attributes that you
can set as well but these are probably enough for what you want.

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net

Fireworks FAQ: http://comharsa.com/firefaq.php3