Re: Another IE questions

by "Angel One" <angelone(at)angelonearth.net>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:45:44 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
    Hi Klass,
    FYI - good luck with the Martox; I had a computer built awhile back with
the G400 DH (costing $1,750 with an AMD 500MHz, DVD, zip, & USED monitor) &
the guy (SE computer depot) could not get it to work without freezing up
CONSTANTLY. I argued with him for several months & finally parted the damn
thing out, building the (Pentium) machine I'm working on now. I used the
matrox (& still using it), & this machine also gave constant problems. Only
one of which was: I couldn't get it to change from clone to extended
desktop. I finally got matrox to give me instructions which included
un-installing the drivers, installing generic drivers, installing a "4-in-1
patch", & re-installing the matrox drivers. It then changed to extended
desktop; however it now will not change back to clone!?! Matrox says I need
to re-move all the hardware from the case & re-install it peice-by-peice to
get windoze to re-assign the IQ's (or something to that effect)?
    Just thought you would like to know; it may save you MUCH grief to know
the matrox is problem-matic at best. BTW the computer I built with the AMD &
a different video card works just fine, thank you. :-)
HTH,
          Paul Angel

http://valuewebinc.com
http://v-firms.com
http://webcomnow.com
http://sitesense.com
http://DigitalRescue.org

Should you need a domain name registered I highly recomend  DirectNIC.
 http://www.directnic.com/?5204
It's just $15 per year with several perks and great service!