Re: Can You Hit This Site?

by "Blue Tapp" <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>

 Date:  Sat, 3 Nov 2001 12:39:18 -0600
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm getting a page cannot be found error message for both.  Wouldn't this be
caused by a breakdown in the backbone somewhere?  I know that when I change
DNS info for a site, it takes a while to propagate throughout the entire
internet, so that it will resolve for some people and not for others
depending on where they are located.  So it makes sense to me that if there
is some sort of power or service outage in some important hub somewhere,
that there will be some people who cannot resolve the domain.  This is not
much help I'm afraid as I'm just guessing.  But I'm interested to know the
answer if someone else can enlighten me.
Thanks!
Blue

> Hi;
> I have the strange situation where some people can resolve the following
> domains and some can't:
> http://livestocksling.com/
> http://thewebsons.com/
> Both reside on my server and the DNS has been updated some time ago. Can
> you resolve these domains? What errors do you get? Do you have any
> explanation for these errors or why these domains *wouldn't* resolve for
> some when they do for others?
> TIA,
> BenO

Blue Tapp